I’m not sure why, but I’ve recently developed an obsession with all things lime. Lemon, you are still quite tasty yourself, but ah, lime! So fresh. Anyway, I’ve found myself adding lime zest to cakes, salads, and now, cookies! I decided to add a little lime zest to these white chocolate macadamia nut cookies last night and let me tell you, it is very good idea! I feel like macadamia nuts already give off that tropical vibe, so the lime really works well here.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
1/2 tbsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
Zest of one lime
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In medium bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beat until mixed.
2. In separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing until soft dough forms.
4. Fold in white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, and lime zest.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 12 minutes until light golden brown.