Happy Thursday! Can you believe it’s almost the middle of January? Heads up, tomorrow is Friday the 13th, so watch out 🙂
I haven’t been a good January food blogger in the sense that as so much of America is trying to eat a little less chocolate and sugar post-holiday, I’ve been sharing things like Nutella brownies and strawberry cookies ‘n cream ice cream cake.
So for today, and really, probably only today, I’ve got something that we could call “light” or “healthy.”
- Bananas? Check. Vitamins, fiber!
- Greek yogurt? Check. More vitamins, a lotta protein!
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Check.
- Wait, huh? Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Sugaaaaarrrr!
- That’s why I’ve got quotations around the words light and healthy up there.
- I won’t tell if you don’t. 😉
[print_this]Cinnamon Toast Crunch Banana Bread
Just when you thought banana bread couldn’t get any better, it does! Greek yogurt makes this bread super moist, while Cinnamon Toast Crunch adds just a hint of spice, sweetness, and best of all, crunch!
Makes 2 loaves
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt (I use Chobani)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, crushed